Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Africa

In February, a group of 12 of us went to Cape Town, South Africa. It was such an amazing and life changing trip.

Here is our group! We got together with most of us at least knowing of each other and we left as super close friends.

Cape Town is considered the 5th most beautiful place in the world. I totally agree that it is. But...


...this part is ignored. At least 40% of the country lives like this. These squatter camps changed my life. Humbled doesn't even begin to touch it. I'm beyond thankful for even the smallest conveniences.


They were happy with what they had though. Even thankful for the "roof," which often times was nothing more than carpenters plastic, over their head.


This lady had her baby two days after this picture was taken.


These kids loved candy and I loved these kids. They kicked my butt in "duck-duck-goose!" I was the first one to make it to the middle!


Beautiful Rebecca. She was the sweetest little girl. She gave me the biggest kisses!


We got to hold a baby white lion cub. This was pretty incredible!

My husband with the lion cub.

Oh my, I can't tell you the sinking feeling I got when I took my lens cap off! I was so thankful for my UV filter! It saved my lens!


Still haven't figured out what happened here. All I know is I got huge ankles out of the deal!


All in all, it was awesome! These pictures don't even begin to do it justice. We seen many lives changed, including our own. I'm so thankful for the journey and for the people we met while there. We have an amazing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment